Looking Back at 2009 -
2009 was a pretty good year I guess. It was definitely a growing year for me. It was the start of my humble little FeltedChicken business. To think back on how much I've learned & have grown with my art is freak'n amazing. I've only been felting for a little over a year now. My 1st year anniversary of my Esty shop just pasted (actually the anniversary for when I signed up, but I don't think I listed anything till the middle of January). Nothing tragic happened (thank god), and I'm pretty sure that I am satisfied & happy looking back on everything that happened last year.
Looking Forward to 2010 -
2010... I have a feeling that it will be an awesome year. I love the New Year cause it's a fresh start, a reason to reassess your life & decide to make changes. This year hopes to offer many new beginnings. The biggest change for me will be that I'll be turning 30!! AHHHH!!! It's the beginning of a whole new decade for me. I'm not too worried about turning 30, but we'll wait & see if the pressure builds as the date gets closer. I don't think I could have imagined how much my life has changed during my 20's. Thinking back to when I turned 20 to now that I'm turning 30.... it's amazing what has happened and what I have done and what I have left to accomplish. My life is great right now. Sure... I'm poor, have been unemployed for pretty much 2 years, need to loose about 20 pounds, still get mega zits, have to clean up my dumb cat's pee, don't clean the house enough, etc... But as I am getting older, I understand that somethings are more important than others. I have a supportive Family, a home full of laughs & love, and exciting potential & opportunities with regards to my art & business.
Simple Resolutions -
Everybody has their resolutions for the New Year. Some of mine are pretty typical: cook more healthy food, exercise more, keep up with the laundry, try to be more positive, watch my house budget, etc....
I have some super ambitious Business Resolutions:
- Do more Craft Shows - I really enjoyed the Unique Los Angeles experience. I am already looking into some new venues that I can sell at!
- Experiment more with Materials and Techniques - I am still working with learning more about electronics, and got a new book on making stuff move (like with gears & cranks & stuff).
- Perfect Felting Process - There are still lots of things about felting that I still need to practice. I really want to practice more with wet-felting, maybe try felting vessels or hollow shapes.
- Apply to more Publications & Art shows - I think that my first Publication will be coming out this year. I want to keep an eye on applying to more Fine Art shows & possible Art and Textile anthologies.
- Start My Book - Okay, this one is for my Dad! He has been bugging me about maybe looking into and starting to organize ideas for writing a Felting Book. This seems like an almost unobtainable goal to me right now, but no hurt in trying, right? This will also inspire me to keep writing my blog & coming up with new Felting Tutorials.
So that's it. Not too much... uh... yea, right!! HAHAHA!!