Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Turning over a new leaf....

So along with my 2010 New Year's Resolutions, I've also decided to give a little back to the world. I want to start donating 10% of all my FeltedChicken sales to charity. I've thought about which charity I would like to donate to, and can't decide. There are so many great causes out there, and with the economy as crappy as it is, everybody is hurting even more than normal. So what I have decided to do is feature a new Charity that I will promote & donate to every 2 months. And don't worry, if my shop is really slow, I will still make a donation!!!


ASPCA -
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals


So the charity I am featuring for January & February is
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) . I think I picked this amazing charity first because while I was home, there were a ton of really sad commercials about saving animals that made me want to cry. There is one commercial that my mom actually has to turn off or close her eyes and go "LA LA LA LA LA LA" because it makes her cry. So I picked this one for her!! I think that she also donates every month, so I'm jumping on the band-wagon!! The ASPCA is an amazing charity that not only helps prevent the cruelty of animals, but also provides adoption services for homeless pets, trains and provides Service & Therapy Animals, promotes spay & neutering programs to help prevent overpopulation, and educates the public about proper animal health care.

About the ASPCA:
Our organization was founded by Henry Bergh in 1866 on the belief that animals are entitled to kind and respectful treatment at the hands of humans, and must be protected under the law. Headquartered in New York City, the ASPCA maintains a strong local presence, and with programs that extend our anti-cruelty mission across the country, we are recognized as a national animal welfare organization...


As the first humane organization to be granted legal authority to investigate and make arrests for crimes against animals, we are wholly dedicated to fulfilling the ASPCA mission through nonviolent approaches. Our organization provides local and national leadership in three key areas: caring for pet parents and pets, providing positive outcomes for at-risk animals and serving victims of animal cruelty.





So you can help me support this amazing charity (and help me pay rent next month!!) by stopping over in my Etsy shop! I'm also putting a badge on the side of my blog so that you can donate to the ASPCA, too.





**SideNote: I'm still getting back into things here at home, a hugungous craft bomb exploded all over my house, and I'm still trying to get it under control. But I have a few new ideas for brand new pieces that I want to start up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment