Monday, August 24, 2009

Good Morning!!!

Hope everybody had a great weekend! I got alot done this weekend, work-wise, but still need to take pictures, so I'm a big-fat-liar about posting picts of the JellFish. He's sitting here on my kitchen table staring at me... almost done... I think.... maybe just a little bit more work... So hopefully I will take picts of him today, or finish him & have picts tomorrow.

But in the mean time I thought I'd do one of the BlogCarnivals that the Etsy team I'm apart of loves to do. They are fun cause the topics are interesting & force me to share more personal information about myself, instead of just the regular old crafty stuff that I usually stick to. So today's topic is...

"Your favorite food. What is it and why? If it's something you make please share the recipe."

My favorite food has pretty much always been Biscuits. Yep, like the yummy buttermilk kind you get at KFC. They melt in your mouth kinda like peanut butter.

BUT...

In the last year I have a new favorite...

SPAM MUSUBI!!!



Ok...
Do you like sushi?
Do you like salty meat like bacon?

Then PLEASE PLEASE search out your nearest Hawaiian BBQ restaurant and order up some Spam Musubi.

OMG...

I crave this stuff now. It's soooo delicious. I really need to get on top of buying myself a rice cooker & learn how to make this at home. The key to making some good sushi is the rice. So if you ever want to try your hand at it, be sure that you only buy "CalRose Rice" It's the one with the red rose on the package, it's Japanese Sticky Rice. You can also use it to make yummy food filled rice balls. This little tip from the lips of my boyfriend's Hawaiian Grandmother. She made spam musubi a couple weekends ago, and we ate all the left overs the next day.

This is also a great Baby-Step for those of you that are kinda scared of taking the jump into traditional sushi. The spam is cooked & there isn't that much seaweed. And if you are one of those stuck-up snobs that thinks Spam is beneath them... Get over it! Why deny yourself one of the most delicious foods in the world cause the meat comes in a can?

Have you ever actually tried Spam?

It's YUMMY!!!

Here's a link to a simple Spam Musubi Recipe. Maybe I'll look into trying this out this week....

No comments:

Post a Comment