Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Yummy, Yummy Angora...

I made my first non-sheep wool purchase over the holiday.  I've been thinking about experimenting with more advanced wet-felting techniques.  Basically I know soooo many people that are either pregnant or have newborn babies right now, that I kinda want to try my hand at felting some baby booties.

With that in mind, I have been ogling some Angora Wool on some of my favorite wool websites, but didn't buy any because it's so expensive.  We were at a craft show right before Christmas & I saw this beautiful wool and just couldn't pass it up.  It's not pure Angora, but has some cashmere & merino mixed with it.


It's hand-dyed, beautiful, called "Sour Apple".  It's white with painted red & green highlights.

I'd like to try wet-felting the slippers with this wool on the inside & maybe white, red or green merino on the outside.

Ahhh... Put it on the list of projects that I want to do when I have time...

No comments:

Post a Comment