Saturday, October 1, 2011

Evolution of a Drawing!

Maybe I'll start at the beginning... Of a sculpture!

So to get back into the swing of things, I thought I'd show you part of my process.  This is a concept drawing that I did for a SUPER TOP-SECRET project that I might be working on!

Steps of drawing a Dinosaur....

Really bad sketch of idea!

My new favorite paper to draw on....
TRACING PAPER!!
Makes drawings so much easier to clean up!

Cleaned up Tracing Paper line drawing.

Transferred line drawing with some added shading.

Final drawing with some painted color & background!!  
So like I said, this is just the process of a CONCEPT drawing.  Doing a drawing like this helps me figure out the structure & anatomy of the subject.  Then when it comes to actually creating the sculpture, I can focus more on making him look awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment