Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Donation Time!!

I know I'm a few days late for this... but it's time for me to donate to my Featured Charity!!! Thanks to all of your support (and a couple months of rock'n Etsy sales!) I was able to make a HUGE donation to the American Red Cross!!! It's just in time too, because OUR donation will go towards helping the victims of the past Haitian & Chilian Earthquakes, but also the very recent floods in the South. There has been so much destruction & many deaths here in the U.S. and it isn't getting much coverage on the news!! Our thoughts go to you all in Nashville & all the other communities that are being affected by this tragedy.










And I would also like to announce the next Charity that I will be donating to!! (I know that Mother's Day is this weekend) But also Father's Day is in June, and because of this I want to announce that I will be donating 10% of all of Felted Chicken Sales to a charity that is close to my own Dad's heart. He has been involved with Engineers Without Boarders, and even took a trip down to Honduras with the organization to help the local people build & construct some water purifying structures. They are an amazing orgainization who:

EWB-USA helps create a more stable and prosperous world by addressing people's basic human needs by providing necessities such as clean water, power, sanitation and education...

Engineers Without Borders – USA supports community-driven development programs worldwide through the design and implementation of sustainable engineering projects, while fostering responsible leadership...

I think the best thing about what EWB does (from what I have talked to my dad about) is that they go into communities and really work with the local people and teach them how to build and maintain their own infrastructure. This allows them to then take the responsibility into their own hands rather than just relying on the charity organizations to support them. It's like they always say...

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

So for the Month's of May & June, Engineers Without Boarders is the Featured Charity!!! Please check out the link on my sidebar if you are interested in donating or getting more information about them!!!









And I just thought of this....

Now that the chaos of the Haitian & Chilian Earthquakes is over, it is now time to help them REBUILD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment