So like I posted, I didn't do anything with the Angler fish yesterday because it is still drying. I knew it would take a day or 2 for it for dry out, so hopefully by tonight, or even tomorrow I will be ready to start Needle-Felting him. I'm going to miss how there has been a visible progression so far in the piece, but I know it'll slow to a snail's pace once I start to poke. Needle-Felting is such a slow process that it won't look like I've done anything for a while. But I will keep you posted.
Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend? I don't think we are doing much, I might stop & get some hotdogs for the grill, maybe we will find a place to see some fireworks, and work on a custom job that I just got for a felted Skull & Crossbones. I'll post picts of it when I finish!
A Summer Recipe for You!!!
With the infinite number of family BBQ's going on this weekend I thought I'd share one of my favorite BBQ recipes with you. The pasta salad is a staple at many a family gathering, and this is my version (which I totally made up myself!) It's super simple, crazy delicious, fairly good for you, & really colorful!
1 Package of Mulit Colored Spiral Rotini Pasta
Choice of Balsamic Vinegarette Salad Dressing
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Red Bell Pepper
Italian Flavored Shredded Cheese
Misc. add-ins (I usually add chic peas, but you could also add black olives, roasted garlic, squash, fresh basil, corn, cherry tomatoes, beans, etc)
1. Cook up spiral Rotini. I usually make this right before serving it, so you could either let it chill in the frig for a while, or I just rinse mine in cold water to cool.
2. Chop up all veggies, I keep mine raw. You could roast your veggies & let them cool off, but I like the crunch of fresh bell peppers!
3. Roast the Pine nuts in a small pan. Keep it dry so that they brown. Roasted Pine Nuts add a yummy nutty flavor.
4. I like to slice my Pepperoni into bite-sized pieces.
5. Add all pasta & veggies & add-ins & shredded cheese into a giant bowl. Pour in desired amount of Balsamic Vinegarette Dressing. Toss to coat.
6. Best if chilled before serving.
I know you probably don't need a recipe for this, but I love it so much that I wanted to share. You can customize the ingredients to you own taste. I can eat this stuff all day! Man, I was only going to grab a package of Hotdogs for the weekend, but I think I talked myself into making pasta salad!!!
Have a Fun & Safe 4th of July Weekend!!